Some people say future continuous. Some people say future progressive. The choice is yours.
- I will be walking to work tomorrow.
- I am going to be walking to work tomorrow.
- I will be speaking to the client next week.
- I am going to be speaking to the client next week.
Why do we use the future progressive?
- To talk about actions that will be in progress at a certain point or at a certain time period in the future.
- Next month, she will be working in her new job.
- To talk about something we will be doing in the future. To place ourselves in the future.
- Next summer, they will be studying in London.
- We will be celebrating your birthday next month.
- To predict or guess future events.
- I guess you will be snorkeling while you are in Hawaii.
- Please don’t call me before 10 AM. I will be sleeping.
- Where will you be staying during your trip?
- What kind of music will they be playing at the party?
- Will they be coming to the meeting?
- We will not be celebrating this year.
- Ethan will not be snorkeling because he will be scuba diving instead.
- They will not be attending the meeting tomorrow.
- I will still be working on my report tomorrow.
- They will still be playing outside when we get home.
- I will not be joining you because I will still be preparing for the party.
With the simple present.
Tip: We can use the future progressive and the simple present tenses in the same sentence to talk about the future.
- You will be reading the report by the time I arrive.
- They will be working on the project when the bell rings.
- We will be driving when the sun goes down.
To make predictions or assumptions about the present.
- She will be studying now. (We think she is studying now.)
- He will be getting ready for the meeting. (He is probably getting ready for the meeting now.)
- Don’t call them now. They will be sleeping. (We assume they are sleeping because it’s very late.)
- Roberta and Luciano’s plane left at 8 PM. I wonder where they are? They will be driving to the hotel by now. (They have probably landed and are on their way to the hotel.)